Facial Gymnastics: Some Exercises for a Radiant Face
Just as exercise helps me sculpt my body, doing facial gymnastics exercises every day helps to refine the shape of my face, slow down the appearance of wrinkles and improve the radiance of my skin in the long term. Learn a few facial yoga exercises to create a complete lifting routine in just a few minutes!
Why Should I Start Facial Gymnastics?
I’ve decided to take up facial gymnastics and facial yoga. Here are some long-lasting benefits that can be achieved with just a few minutes a day:
- My muscles relax, and I release tension: this way, I avoid the small expression lines that form due to the accumulation of stress. The result: I feel good, thanks to my new beauty routine.
- Toning my skin and firming the contours of my face: this stimulates the skin and encourages collagen production, the substance that helps keep skin supple and plump.
- Activating blood and lymphatic microcirculation: to have a fresh complexion and avoid bags under the eyes in the morning, facial gymnastics is ideal.
- I fight against wrinkles: facial gymnastics can be practised at any age as a preventive measure or to reduce the signs of ageing gradually.
5 Exercises to Refine My Face
Stimulate a maximum number of facial muscles with simple exercises to refine the shape of the face:
- The O, to work all the facial muscles and the contours of the face: open the mouth as if you want to pronounce the sound “o”. Place two fingers on each side of the mouth and try to enlarge the “o” formed by mobilising a maximum of muscles.
- Kissing, blowing and making a duck face, a playful and effective combo to firm up the lip contour: Raise the head towards the ceiling and make several kissing sounds. Then, strike a pose with your mouth in the middle, blowing. Finish by doing a duck face, like in a selfie, by pinching your lips between your fingers.
- Acupressure for the eye area: Place your index fingers under the eyebrows and middle fingers under the eyes, where the dark circles are. Press a little for a few seconds.
- Facial yoga for the cheeks and cheekbones: Puff out the cheeks and put two fingers in front of the mouth as if to prevent air from escaping.
- Specific exercises for the forehead muscles: with one hand flat on the forehead, look straight ahead and try to lower the eyebrows and then raise them several times. Finish by targeting the frown line between the eyebrows with a circular massage and light tapping.
Do these exercises for 5 to 10 minutes at least twice a week. If you want to optimise the effects, you can also do them every day, in the morning or evening.
Good Habits and Tips for a Radiant Face All Year Round!
To complete this beauty routine and keep a radiant face, finish a facial yoga session with the application of an oil with antioxidant properties, adding a few drops of anti-ageing essential oils. The #ProFormTeam share their favourite blends:
- Argan oil and acai oil: argan oil is particularly rich in vitamin E, and acai oil has antioxidant properties.
- Evening primrose oil and rosewood essential oil: rich in omega-6, evening primrose oil keeps the skin supple and well hydrated. Rosewood essential oil promotes healing and helps to calm irritation.
- Macadamia oil and manuka essential oil: macadamia oil is very nourishing, and manuka essential oil is ideal for purifying the skin.
- Calophyllum inophyllum oil and Italian Helichrysum essential oil: this combination is perfect for soothing the skin, stimulating blood circulation and fighting rosacea or redness. Also known as immortelle, Italian Helichrysum is a flower traditionally used in anti-ageing treatments.
Massage the face from the inside to the outside, with small circular movements. The idea is to always direct the movements towards the lymph nodes, located in the neck and at the intersection of the jaws, to de-puff the face, especially in the morning when you wake up. There are also accessories specially designed to massage the face, such as jade rollers. By adopting good hydration and a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, you can ensure that your skin stays supple and radiant for a long time.