Need Energy? I Do a Cardio Routine!
When your energy level is low, doing some exercise is an excellent idea! Easy to do at home or even at the office, cardio exercises give a lasting boost and lift your mood. Take care of yourself and try a cardio routine for an energy boost.
Exercise: My Best Ally Against Energy Slumps!
When I need to recharge my batteries, I tend to want to rest. Doing sport or exercise doesn’t spontaneously come to mind, and yet it’s probably the best idea for getting a boost of energy.
- In the face of routine and stress, which are often at the root of my slumps, the endorphins released when I exercise reactivate the pleasure circuit, which makes me want to live life to the full again.
- Physical activity helps me sleep well: if I sleep better, I’m in better shape when I wake up in the morning and I can face the day with more energy.
- By improving my strength and stamina, I am better equipped to face everyday life. The more I exercise, the more resistant I become to fatigue.
- When I exercise, my metabolism works in harmony: I use up the energy I take in during my meals and my body stores less fat. I can say goodbye to feeling tired after lunch!
When and How Can I Energise Myself with Exercise?
Of course, during periods of low energy, if I haven’t done any physical activity for a long time, I have to get my body used to exercise again. For my strategy to work, I start slowly and focus on the long term. By gradually getting back into the habit of moving more, I start sleeping better, becoming more dynamic and resistant to fatigue. The more often I move, the better I move and the more energy I have.
Cardio activities are most effective for “waking up” my body. By stimulating the heart without being exhausting, they allow me to improve my physical condition session after session, at my own pace. I can go for a walk, swim, run, row or cycle, for example. Getting out into the fresh air can be invigorating on days when I’m low on energy, but as consistency starts to pay off, home training can also ensure that I train as often as possible. It’s up to me. The important thing is to adopt a “cardio boost” routine in my own way.
My 5 Cardio Exercises to Regain Energy
Here are 5 easy cardio exercises to help regain energy through exercise:
- The leg swing: on all fours, with arms outstretched and legs slightly bent, alternately lift the left leg and right leg as high as possible at a sustained and regular frequency. Keep your back well supported during the exercise.
- The skater: Standing with feet at hip distance apart with your arms relaxed at your sides, bend one leg while balancing on your foot. Simultaneously, extend the other leg backwards and place the tip of that foot on the ground behind you. The arms follow the movement in reverse for balance: on the side of the leg placed behind, move the opposite arm back. Contract the abs throughout the movement. Look straight ahead and lean the body slightly forward to rest your weight on the supporting leg. Return to the starting position. Do a series of consecutive movements, alternating between them.
- Knee raises: Simple and effective, knee raises quickly raise the heart rate and burn calories. These exercises are ideal for working your cardio in tight spaces!
- Jumping sumo squats: If you’ve mastered squats, make them a little more challenging by ending each move with a jump to extension. Concentrate on breathing: during the squat, inhale and place the pelvis well back. Breathe out during the jump.
- Star jumps: the star of the all-round cardio exercises needs no introduction. But here it is. Stand up and jump with your arms up, landing with your legs apart and hands together above your head. Jump back to the starting position, and then start again to do a set!
Since there’s nothing like music for revitalising you, do all these exercises to the sound of your favourite workout playlist!